SECTION 1. 253.16 of the statutes is created to read:
253.16 Right to breast−feed. A mother may breast−feed her child in any public or private location where the mother and child are otherwise authorized to be. In such a location, no person may prohibit a mother from breast−feeding her child, direct a mother to move to a different location to breast−feed her child, direct a mother to cover her child or breast while breast−feeding, or otherwise restrict a mother from breast−feeding her child as provided in this section.
944.17 Sexual gratification.
(1) In this section, “in public” means in a place where or in a manner such that the person knows or has reason to know that his or her conduct is observable by or in the presence of persons other than the person with whom he or she is having sexual gratification.
(2) Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor: …
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to a mother’s breast-feeding of her child.
944.20 Lewd and lascivious behavior.
(1) Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor:
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a mother’s breast-feeding of her child.
948.10 Exposing genitals or pubic area.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply under any of the following circumstances:
(a) The child is the defendant’s spouse.
(b) A mother’s breast-feeding of her child.
939.61 Penalty when none expressed.
(1) If a person is convicted of an act or omission prohibited by statute and for which no penalty is expressed, the person shall be subject to a forfeiture not to exceed $200.